The timing of when hospice services should be introduced is a personal decision and will look different for each patient.
In general, a patient may want to consider hospice when:
- Diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and a prognosis of six months or less.
- Curative measures are no longer being taken and the focus is on quality of life.
- Frequent falling, visits to the ER or Hospital, calls or visits to a physician
- Treatment is becoming less effective
- Experiencing an increase in pain
- Experiencing changes in mental status
- Experiencing unintentional weight loss
- Showing a decline with most activities of daily living
- Most of the day is spent in a chair or in bed
- Health status is deteriorating
Our experienced team of professionals focuses on you as an individual and your specific needs.
We develop a plan and approach that is designed to help you and your unique wishes.
As a care provider, we are committed to you. Delivering compassionate care and understanding is always our focus and priority. Our team consists of highly trained hospice care professionals, including nurses, hospice aides, physicians, social workers, spiritual care experts, therapists, and volunteers.